Despite all the licensing rules, the cosmetics market in the MLM business is huge and almost unmanageable. No one keeps records, although documents and certificates are a prerequisite for this activity.
“Cosmetics is a need for beauty and does not directly relate to medicine, but applies more to paramedicine. If Botox and syringes are used, then the state must understand that this is an uncontrolled intervention. There must be requirements to sanitation and state supervision to ensure that everything meets the conditions,” said Bermet Baryktabasova, an expert in evidence-based medicine.
The Department of State Sanitary and Epidemiological Surveillance of the Ministry of Health is responsible for the supervision of cosmetics and chemical substances. It also carries out licensing.
Mandatory conditions for the implementation of activities by cosmetic and similar companies are:
– compliance with sanitary norms and rules, hygienic and technological requirements, environmental safety requirements;
– availability of a sanitary and hygienic conclusion of the local sanitary and epidemiological station on the availability of conditions for the implementation of the declared activity;
– availability of hygienic certificates for each type of goods, products issued by the bodies of the sanitary and epidemiological service of the Kyrgyz Republic;
– availability of documents for the right to own the premises;
– contracts with suppliers of raw materials, products.
In addition, there is a technical regulation “On the safety of perfumery and cosmetic products” applicable to all EAEU countries. According to it, the state registration of these products is carried out at the stage of their putting into production, and if the products came from third countries – before they were imported to the EAEU country. The certificate of state registration is issued indefinitely.