The Institute for War & Peace Reporting (IWPR CA) and OSCE Academy announce a call for applications for the School of Analytics for young researchers of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
The purpose of the School is to improve the skills of analytical publications on relevant topics and issues in Central Asian states.
The intensive programme contains, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Specific features and standards of analytical articles;
- Types of analytical materials;
- Methodology of analytical material writing;
- Structure, composition, visual tools of analytical article;
- Data processing and analysis tools;
- Strategies of analytical article promotion.
In addition to the theoretical part, thematic meetings with practicing political analysts, practitioners in public administration, international relations, economy and media will be held. Practicing journalists and experts of Europe, CIS and Central Asia will be involved as trainers.
The third School of Analytics will be held from June 1 to 7, 2020 in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
The language of instruction – Russian. All costs related to the programme will be covered by IWPR CA.
Requirements to candidates:
- Age from 22 to 40;
- Be a citizen of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan;
- Have a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in political science, international relations, economy or other related sciences;
- Have experience of work in state, international, non-profit organisations or media;
- Be involved into the subject, and researches of Central Asian regional problems;
- Experience in analytical studies regarding issues related to Central Asia will be an advantage;
- Availability for the Programme in June 1 to 7, 2020.
Selection of candidates will be held in two stages:
Stage I. To take part in the programme, you should fill in the online application, including:
- A CV (1 page max.);
- A cover letter (500 words max. explaining your desire to take part in the programme);
- Two topics for an analytical article with preliminary plans (1 page max.);
- Links to published analytical materials (if any).
Stage II. Interview (via Skype, phone or at IWPR CA offices).
Obligatory condition: all selected candidates should choose a topic out of those stated earlier, submit a draft of a future article before the commencement of the intensive programme and improve it before the completion of the School.
Deadline for applications: March 31, 2020 23:59 (GMT +6)
For detailed information, please contact us at +996 312 313411, +996 550 732173, +992 446401012, +992 446401011, e-mail: email@example.com or Facebook: cabar.asia.
The alumni of School of Analytics will have an opportunity to publish on www.cabar.asia, on websites and in journals of partner organisations, to take part in regular expert meetings and conferences and in future training programmes abroad.