IWPR Kyrgyzstan is currently looking for a highly motivated and organized young individual for the position of the Communications Intern. We are seeking an ambitious and creative person who is willing to join the team of young professionals and contribute to the development of our organization.
Position: Communications Intern at IWPR Kyrgyzstan
Work hours: 3 – 4 hours per day (depending on availability)
Days per week: 3 – 4 days (depending on availability)
Duration: 3 months (21 May – 31 Aug, 2018)
What you will get from working with us:
- Gain experience at one of the leading international media development organizations;
- Undergo a Training on Effective Communications and SMM;
- Participate in all educational project related activities (cabar.asia School of Analytics in June and July 2018);
- Reference letters.
What we need from you:
- Provide support in organizing the project media-related activities;
- Communication with media outlets and journalists;
- Promote organization pages within each Social media platform to increase the visibility of the organization’s social content;
- Develop relevant content to reach the organization’s target audience in social media.
Who we need:
- A creative, enthusiastic and determined to learn undergraduate student majoring in Journalism (or any other related field);
- Experience in social networking, innovative outreach, presentations, and marketing;
- Strong writing and communication skills in Russian, Kyrgyz and English languages;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Effective interpersonal skills, cross-cultural and communication skills;
- Knowledge of graphic design tools is an asset (Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw).
To apply please send a CV and cover letter summarizing your interest and qualification by 14 May 2018 to email@example.com.
About IWPR Kyrgyzstan: The Institute for War and Peace Reporting is an international media organization that works to highlight the situation and supports local media in crisis regions around the world. In Central Asia IWPR has been working since 1999. In 2015, IWPR in Central Asia created the Central Asian analytical platform cabar.asia, the mission of which is to promote mechanisms for constructive interaction between the media, state institutions, and representatives of the civil sector in the region