The representative office of the Institute for War and Peace Reporting (IWPR) in Central Asia announces an open competition for a mentoring support program for mass media, personal media and bloggers from Central Asian countries.
Follow us on Telegram
What do we offer?
The goal of mentoring is to explore new approaches for effective engagement of the audience, creating cross-platform content, exploring the latest trends in the media, including 360, VR / AR and cross-platform production of content, as well as covering the topic of how to gain audience loyalty, so that readers come back to you again.
Given consideration to developments related to COVID-19, the training will also cover news coverage during times of crisis and critical / pandemic situations.
What will it be about?
- The future of journalism with the development of augmented (AR) and virtual (VR) reality
- New approaches in advertising. What is native advertising and how to earn income by response to it
- SMM Interaction with the audience on social networks – creating a new department from scratch
- Data Journalism for Editors and Bloggers
- Podcast creation. How to make it unique?
- Explaining and social journalism. What is it and why is this direction promising?
- News coverage of gender and conflict sensitivity
- How to create a content plan to cover various crises
- Regional news. How to survive and bloom
Which Mass media and personal mediado we wait applications from?
- Small editorial offices with experience of two or more years.
- “Personal Media” (owners of YouTube blogs, telegrams channels, pages on social networks devoted to coverage of current events, trends and other interesting aspects)
Applications from editorial office and bloggers who produce content in local languages (Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Tajik, Turkmen and Uzbek) are especially welcome.
Editorial staff should be motivated to obtain the above-mentioned knowledge and put them into practice.
Mass Media must be registered in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan or Uzbekistan.
What awaits you?
Mentor support will begin with a three-day online workshop on the above-mentioned topics with trainers from abroad and Central Asian countries.
Along with that, an additional three-day workshop is scheduled in August, which is planned to be held in Kyrgyzstan (in the absence of objective obstacles in connection with COVID-19). The main expenses for participation are covered by the organizers.
After the first online seminar, which will begin after the selection of potential media is completed, invited experts and editors of the analytical platform CABAR.asia will provide 3-month mentoring, technical and content support to your editorial staff. And continue mentoring support throughout the year.
What do you get as a result?
- Advisory support (audit and correction of editorial processes, writing job descriptions, correction of the production cycle)
- Work on the website (website audit, SEO-audit and correction of headlines, training for journalists on SEO headings)
- Work on social networks (audit of social networks, design of posts, trainings and workshops on promotion, creation of content for social networks)
- Work on the development of new products (podcasts, YouTube channels, bots in instant messengers, videos of new formats, selection of photo materials)
- Other wishes of editors within the limits of program possibilities
What does this mean?
This means that experts and editors will help establish processes in the editorial office, work together, come up with and introduce new content to the website and social networks. This will affect the creation of your editorial high-quality and modern content. Within three months while mentoring support is ongoing, the selected editorial offices will have to publish at least 8 materials in the format of new media (multimedia articles, photo reports, video reports, podcasts, data materials and other materials with elements of new media). For these publications, a professional fee is provided within the framework of the project.
How to get involved?
In order to apply, you need to fill out a questionnaire, which can be found here
Applications are accepted until May 4, 2020 23:59 (GMT +6) .
If you have questions, please contact: + 996 (559) 655777 (WhatsApp / Telegram) or e-mail: email@example.com.