To monitor and evaluate the project “Development of New Media and Digital Journalism”, the IWPR regional office in Central Asia is looking for country M&E specialists (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan).
The overall objective of the assignment is the conduct a comprehensive evaluation of the 1st year of project implementation. The purpose is to provide an effective evaluation of the efficiency of the project implementation, project progress and achievements, and success.
The Service Provider is expected to:
- Study the relevant project documents (including, but not limited to the work plan, events’ evaluation sheets, content produced throughout the project life), review and revise the log frame and result matrix, and revise the indicators (both target and achieved) if necessary;
- Suggest and conduct monitoring activities to track the qualitative impact of the project (interviews with beneficiaries, evaluation of the content produced, etc.);
- Review the M&E needs and plans of the project, evaluate project outputs, outcomes and impacts;
- Evaluate existing data collection system and reporting forms for capturing quantitative and qualitative information;
- Compare the existing project progress against established baseline;
- Identify new sources of verification that the project can use. As much as possible, use existing data sources embedded in existing systems;
- Provide recommendations for improving the established M&E system for the remaining life cycle of the project;
- Prepare a thorough M&E report.
Requirements to the candidate:
- At least 4 years of experience in international projects, preferably in the field of monitoring and evaluation or research;
- Analysis and reporting skills;
- Awareness in the areas of media, civil society, and human rights in Central Asia;
- Fluency in Russian language;
- Proficiency in English at a level needed for effective report writing;
- Knowledge of the language of the respective country is an advantage;
- Excellent skills in working with the Microsoft Office software package and graphics editors to produce visualization for the data collected;
- Interested candidates can send a resume with a cover letter to the following email address email@example.com. The last day for submitting a resume: February 10, 2020.
The timeframe/sequence of activities:
- The whole timeframe of the required services by the service provider is foreseen towards the remaining life cycle of the 1st year of the project (by end April 2020);
- The duration for each activity will be announced by the potential service provider in the proposed methodology.
- The contract is expected to start from mid-February 2020 for a period of 2 months.
- We are looking for three specialists, each with a residence in one of the following countries: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan.
Only the most suitable candidates will be invited for test and interview.